Top 15 Best Sprinkler For Small Lawn
With modern technology, you don’t have to put in enormous manual efforts for building the garden of your dreams.
For every need of the modern gardeners, there is one equipment available and a water sprinkler is one of them that has a great utilitarian purpose.
It allows the most effective and super convenient watering of yards for different purposes and in highly customized ways.
So here we are, with the reviews for some great small area sprinkler heads along with a buyer’s guide that will help you in choosing the best one for your requirements.
Quick Comparison – Best Sprinkler For Small Lawn Table
#1. Melnor XT4200M XT Metal Oscillating Lawn Sprinkler
#2. Orbit 56667N Zinc Impact Sprinkler on Tripod
#3. Dramm Metal Base, Green 9-Pattern Turret Sprinkler
#4. Gilmour Circle Pattern Spot Sprinkler
#5. Rain Bird 25PJDAC Brass Impact Sprinkler
#6. Gilmour 887603-1001 Spot Sprinkler
#7. Melnor XT Mini-Turbo Oscillating Sprinkler
#8. Melnor Multi Adjustable Lawn Sprinkler
#9. Orbit Impact Sprinkler
#10. Nelson 859553-1001 Eight-Pattern Spray Stationary Head
#11. Milemont Garden Sprinkler Lawn Irrigation System
#12. Gilmour 775 Yard Watering Sprinkler
#13. Gardena 1951 Small Area Garden Spray Sprinkler
#14. Rain Bird 22SAF Mini Rotary Pop-Up Spray 360°
#15. GREEN MOUNT Lawn Automatic 360 Rotating Adjustable
Reviews For The Top 15 Sprinkler Heads for Small Lawn
We did careful research of all the products available in the market and came up with this list of 15 handpicked sprinkler heads for small lawn.
Have a look:Buy From Amazon
The major reasons why this product is at the top spot in our listing will amaze you to the core once we start listing them.
Beginning on that note, this lawn sprinkler by Melnor has got you all covered for not just the small garden spaces, but even the large ones of up to 4200 sq.ft.
This is made possible by the super-adjusting capability of the machine due to the twin-touch controlling system that adjusts the range and width immediately so that the water reaches every nook and corner of your garden.
There are 20 high-precision nozzles attached to the main body that also allows you to control the watering of the entire area.
You can even zoom in and out to water only the areas that you want to.
This product facilitates an even watering of the gardens and has a long-lasting functionality.
- Suitable for both small and big lawns
- Twin-touch coverage adjustability
- Twenty nozzles for fast watering
- Infinity turbo drive promotes the smoother function
- Control watering with zooming over an area
- Comes in 5 adjustable varieties and a warranty
- Plastic material, not break-proof
- Pieces fall apart
The features that make this product by Orbit to a good one for oscillating sprinkler for small lawn.
They have the construction and high-class technology.
The sprinkler is mounted over a tripod stand that helps the user to adjust the watering coverage easily and place the built anywhere without any hassle.
You can water the narrowest belt as well as a 5670 sq.ft. area after setting the sprinkler in full 360-degree motion.
For doing that, you need to just change the distance radius of the stream that ranges from 20 to 42 feet.
The sprinkler is made of high-quality zinc to prevent any rusting or breakage and impart it a long life.
The pipe connector nozzle is at the bottom-center of the tripod that allows the water-pipe to be easily fixed.
It also comes with an anti-backsplash proof design that promotes even, fixed-direction, and consistent watering without any wastage.
- Tripod built for sturdier fixture and anti-flipping
- Zinc construction for a rust-free longer life
- Diffuser screw and deflector shield for customized spraying
- Oscillating sprinkling for precise coverage
- Easy adjustment of spray radius
- Even watering with anti-backsplash arm
- Horses break off easily
- The stand topples over with high-pressure water flow
If your kids love to make a splash with the garden grass too, then this turret sprinkler by Dramm is the one you must go with.
This can be your best lawn sprinkler for small area for it comes with nine watering patterns that can meet a variety of watering purposes.
The metal built of the sprinkler base keeps it sturdily fixed at the position without any worrying of it toppling over or flying across the whole garden due to the water pressure.
The molded hooks attached with the sprinkler body allow it to fit in easily and store anywhere too.
The six different vibrant colors that the product comes in will give a more fun appearance to your garden and it is safe for the children to play around.
- Turret sprinkler with fast oscillation for sharp watering
- Nine different watering pattern suitable for every corner
- Base made of heavy metal for a sturdy built
- Differential watering allows a lot more fun for the kids too
- Vibrant color scheme gives fun look to the garden
- Lifetime manufacturer warranty makes it a steal deal
- No threads attached with the hose
- High priced product
If you have been looking for the best sprinkler for small square lawn, then this sprinkler by Gilmour is going to serve your purpose the best.
This circular sprinkler gives watering coverage for an area up to 30 feet in diameter.
The upper portion of the sprinkler is a convex circle-shaped disc with evenly spaced little spot-holes from which the water oozes out and covers the target area fully.
You just need to place this machine in the middle of your small garden space and it would do the job.
This product is great for small lawns of either square or rectangular shapes of 30*30 dimensions.
Fountain spraying of this sprinkler prevents water wastage and works great for spot-treatment of the areas with seeds or problems both.
The metal construction of the sprinkler makes it long-lasting and durable.
- Works well even with a low-pressure water supply
- Fountain sprinkler for even and waste-less watering
- Stable and durable metal body
- Best for spot-treatment as well as small areas
- Three-year warranty from the manufacture
- Metal is not rust-proof
- Doesn’t stay stable on the grass
- Coverage not apt
This product comes with the promising and classic impact sprinkler technology that has been considered as the most effective one in the gardening world.
It makes the whole process of watering even more fun with the old-school water impact sound.
The Rainbird sprinkler has three metals- brass, stainless steel, and bronze incorporated in its built, letting it boast the highest durability and stability among all the metal sprinklers.
You can install the sprinkler very easily as it has got a sleek and simple built.
It also comes with high adjustability that allows you to customize the watering pattern in infinite ways.
The sprinkler can be made to water a full 360-degree area as well as even a 20-degree area.
This is made possible with the deflector spray that can be adjusted to cover areas even the narrowest of radiuses.
It also gives a high water output with a half-inch thread connection.
- Tri-metal Construct with brass imparting high durability
- Easy installation due to a sleek pole design
- Adjustable watering radius
- High output capacity as per the water supply
- Thread connection available with a half-inch pipe
- Difficulty setting the direction
- Construction a little problematic
For the small garden areas with narrow spaces or troubled spots, this sprinkler by Gilmour will work out the best.
It can give you coverage of up to 30 feet in diameter and that makes it super convenient to use for watering every corner faster.
This product is great for small lawns of either square or rectangular shapes of 30*30 dimensions.
The upper portion of the sprinkler is a convex circle-shaped disc with evenly spaced little spot-holes and you just need to place this machine in the middle of your small garden space and it would do the job.
The sprinkler has got the body made of metal that makes it long-lasting and durable.
The water is sprayed out as per the Fountain technology that prevents wastage of water.
It also works great for spots in the garden with troubles or new cultivation.
- Suitable for square lawns of 30*30 dimensions
- Works well with the 30*15 rectangle areas too
- Metal built body for higher durability and sturdiness
- Proper functioning even with low-pressure water supply
- Three-year warranty from the manufacturer
- Metal is cheap and not break-proof
- Coverage is very low
- Fountain spray doesn’t work well with low-pressure water
Another innovative product in the block, this is the another one oscillating sprinkler by Melnor that features a mini turbo sprinkler head for the best of watering services for mini gardens.
The product might look very compact but it performs a variety of functions and features a lot of interesting technologies in it.
The turbo motor fitted into the sprinkler works great at any water pressure due to the transmission gearing tech and you can even control the watering radius for waste-less feeding of your lawn.
A great thing about this sprinkler is that you can adjust the watering level of each side independently too that makes the whole process even more efficient.
This control is furthered by the integrated flow technology with which you can set the watering pattern at any micro-level.
- Multi-adjustment operating tabs for efficient watering control
- Good for watering areas of the range 10 to 75 feet
- One-touch adjustment for watering radius
- Rotating sprinkler head with full 360-degree coverage
- Two adjustment varieties available
- Leakage issues with the sprinkler heads
- The problem of splashback occurs
- Not break-proof
Another product from the bran Melnor, These are type of sprinkler for small lawn because of the amazing features it has got.
This is one of the best water-saving sprinklers that you can find in the market because it allows you to adjust the range and density of water spraying as per the need.
Hence, it gives the most effective watering for any garden space as big as 30 feet in radius as well as the best performance even with residential water supply pressures of 60 psi.
The dig-pin style built of the sprinkler makes it super easy to install at any place.
The sprinkler is made with high-quality plastic that prevents all the possibilities of rusting and makes it highly durable for many seasons to come.
The angle of the spray allows high rotation and customization for any watering pattern where you can fix it at a range of 5-360 degrees.
- Slim pin style built for easy installation
- Good for any water supply pressure
- Highly adjustable angling for efficient and all-round watering
- Two-year manufacturer warranty
- Plastic sprinkler for no rusting
- Gives a unidirectional mist
- Plastic is not break-proof
This is one of those sprinklers that can water even the mini-gardens of an area as much as 5670 sq.ft with much ease and even the narrow belts nearby.
This can be made possible by the high adjustment capability of the product that allows you to change the watering coverage for any type of area.
Over-watering is a concern for most of the gardeners and this product keeps that tension away for you with its high custom settings.
Impact sprinkle technology has been a favorite of gardeners always and this product deploys that tech only for its functioning.
Every part of the sprinkler like the head and spike are made of the zinc material that makes the whole design sturdy and durable.
The features like diffuser screw and deflector shield make it even more stable for high-pressure water-supply do that it doesn’t end up back splashing on you itself.
- Good for covering large areas with full circle spraying
- Durably built with zinc material for season-round watering
- Can be connected with multiple sprinkler or threads
- Stable push-pin design for easy installation plus tripping free
- Anti-clog water flow independent of the quality of the water source
- Gets stuck at one spot
- Overall quality compromised
For all those who have been looking for highly effective small area sprinkler heads, it is at this product that your search stops.
The unique designing of this product is so done to make it a highly stable sprinkler giving the best performance under any kind of water-supply pressure.
It is a highly portable and convenient for storage product due to the hook type continuation attachment that is incorporated in the design.
You can carry it easily to any place and leave it hung in the garden at the corner too.
The sprinkler head has got eight different patterns that facilitate multi-faceted watering serving a variety of purposes.
These patterns are pre-set in the head and can be switched between very easily.
The base of the head is made with tough-quality plastic that makes the overall built stable and resistant against any kind of breakage upon impact.
- Sprinkler with a stationary watering technology
- Heavy-duty plastic base for rust-proofing and stability
- Eight watering patterns for differential spraying under any circumstance
- The option of the pulsating sprinkler also available
- Easy and soft-grip sprinkler
- Irregular and straight flow
- Plastic weakens off under the harsh sun
This is one of the best sprinkler for small yard that will amaze you with its powerful performance and high-tech features that are amassing immense popularity for it as time goes.
It is capable of watering a wide area of as much as 3600 sq.ft and can water furthermore with the help of multi-sprinkler connections, thanks to the two water inlets in-built in its design.
It also features three rotating arms that are highly adjustable and twelve different built-in angles for customized spraying and wider targets.
It is a good product that can even let your kids make a splash around it safely.
Another unique thing about this sprinkler is that it is made with highly durable ABS material that is known for its hardiness and stable quality.
The product only needs to be connected with a hose through an easy fitting nozzle and its ready for the work.
- Gives stable watering even with high water pressures like 8 psi
- Powerful watering for any type of cultivation space
- ABS material built for higher durability
- The adjustable angle in the nozzles
- Best for efficient and waste less watering
- Leakage issues at the connector end
- Built quality compromised
A product from Gilmour again in our listing for the efficient performance promised by the brand gets visible in this stationary sprinkler too.
These can be easily fitted over the ground and remain stable under any kind of water supply pressure.
The body of the sprinkler is made with high-quality polymer and the stainless steel coated on the spring that prevents any rusting and makes the product long-lasting.
A clip that can be held-open is another feature of this sprinkler that adds to the convenience quotient of it.
The duck style packing of the product can be adjusted as per customization needs anytime and that overall makes it leak proof for the entire life.
It also promotes a regular and clog-free water supply.
The five watering patterns are the star feature that can cover areas of any shape.
- Stationary sprinkler with five different watering patterns
- Screen filter made of high-quality metal to promote anti-clogging
- High coverage area up to 35 sq.ft in small yard spaces
- Can be adjusted to cover any shape of the area
- Polymer material built for rust-proofing
- Installation is a bit difficult
- Poor coverage
This is definitely the best for the people with tight budgets but the great part is that it doesn’t compromise on performance even a bit.
This means that it can easily be the choice for anyone who wants a powerful sprinkler that is cost-effective too for the category.
This particular product by Gardena advertises itself for being the spray sprinkler for smaller vegetation areas like flower/veggie beds or the front garden belts.
However, the watering coverage given by it goes up to a maximum of 1000 sq.ft which is a great deal.
When in full rotation, it can spray areas up to 36 feet in diameter and this can be adjusted for shorter ranges too.
The push-in pin style built of this sprinkler allows easy installation and high portability.
The overall functionality of the sprinkler is very simple and uncomplicated.
- Mist spraying works well for even watering
- Good coverage up to 1000 sq.ft
- Single pattern watering for fixed uses
- Best for narrow and square garden spaces
- One year warranty from the manufacture
- Material quality is cheap
- Customer service not good
This is certainly best for small square lawn if you need a product that is super-easy to install as well as store.
However, the compact looking sprinkler comes with a powerful rotary motor head that is attached 4 inches above the base for the pop-up tech spraying of water.
The fast-moving head gives an optimal 360-degree watering coverage and even saves around 30% water against the conventional sprinklers.
The water distribution is a bit slow that works best for the freshly cultivated garden areas. (check more: https://happyygarden.com/best-sprinkler-heads-for-low-water-pressure/)
The limited sprinkler heads manage to give wider coverage due to the extended throw covers that can bend up to a 24-degree angle.
Multiple streams spraying of this sprinkler prevents wind-driven over spraying and the body remains protected against any silting with the closed case built.
- Single pattern spraying with a powerful motorhead
- Uniform and efficient watering with large droplets blown out
- 6 inches of less distribution rate safe for fresh cultivations
- Wiper seal and closed case built for protection against pressure impact
- A wide variety of sizes and styles of this product available
- Poor customer assistance
- Pop-up doesn’t work great
This is another compact product that promises more than its size as you will find amazingness packed in the box in the form of one impulse sprinkler along with an interchangeable two-arm sprinkler.
The former can cover an area of up to 40 ft in diameter while the latter works well for a maximum of 24 feet diametric areas.
This means that this is an ideal product for any size of the area and a complete solution for all kinds of water demands.
The sprinkler is made of a combination material including high-quality metal and ABS plastic that makes it highly durable and erosion-proof.
The base wheels are made of the iron compound to make the sprinkler built sturdier and stable.
There is a metal diffuser shield added to the head to make it erosion-resistant against the heavy pressure water supply.
You can easily adjust the spray angle of the head with the rotating cap, pin, and collars to make the watering more efficient and targeted.
- High tech and engineered features for optimal watering
- Works well for both large and small yards
- Dual material for improved durability
- Adjustable spray angle with numerous features
- Fully resistance and corrosion-proof
- One of the head doesn’t work well
- Not break-proof
Pick The Best Sprinkler For Small Lawn With The Buyer’s Guide
Picking the right one is equally important and this will happen when you have the right knowledge about the buying process.
Here is all that you need to know about the sprinkler heads for making the apt purchase.
Benefits Of Using Sprinkler Heads
Watering your garden surely becomes a pain when there is scorching sun outside but you can’t just leave the plants thirsty.
Well, it is here that the sprinklers come ahead to save both of you but that isn’t the only advantage of them.
Check out the others:
- Watering with precision is one biggest advantage for small lawn since they assure watering within the target range only and can be adjusted for the same too.
- They are also good for water conservation and safe watering for all.
- Continuous watering is ensured by the sprinklers that reached all the garden parts evenly.
- Over-watering is kept at bay with sprinklers.
- Convenience is the major advantage of the sprinklers as they do all the work without your presence.
- These help in keeping the plants thriving for longer by giving them optimum water supply.
- This prevents bacterial growth in the longer term.
Important Factors That Determine The Right Sprinkler Choice
You need to buy a sprinkler by assessing them on these criteria:
The size and shape of your lawn are very important to consider because the sprinkler meant for small lawns won’t work for the big ones.
So, you will need to buy one or more of them.
This is another factor that determines the usefulness and effectiveness of the sprinkler since anything more or less than your required watering coverage will prove inept.
The sprinkler must be durable enough and also resistant to corrosions due to the water supply.
All this is made possible with good quality material that you must ensure.
Last but not the least, you must consider your budget too while purchasing a sprinkler.
At the same time, don’t compromise on the quality quotient since that can prove wrong even for the budget buys.
Different Types Of Sprinklers
Before choosing the best sprinkler, know their different types as it would help you decide better.
- Rotary sprinklers: Good for all areas for consistent and uniform watering
- Spray sprinklers: Good for small to medium lawns for even watering with the numerous spray nodes
- Moving sprinklers: Shifting mechanism that makes them move on a fixed cable and good for watering any narrow spaces too
- Oscillating sprinklers: Single jet stream spraying that can be adjusted for any watering pattern
- Impact sprinklers: Best for bigger lawns and high-pressure water supplies
- Fixed sprinklers: Usually mounted on structures and best for wider lawns and multi-connections
Q. How do you water small areas of grass?
A. You can use the rotary sprinklers for treating the small patches of grasses or similar spots.
Q. What is the best time to water lawn?
A.Usually, early morning is the best time to water lawns as it doesn’t get evaporated due to the heat of the sun.
Q. Where should a lawn sprinkler be placed?
A. For the small lawns, it can be placed in the center while for the bigger yards; you may need to put more sprinklers at separate positions.
Q. How long should I water my lawn to get 1 inch?
A. You would need to water your lawn for approximately fifteen minutes to achieve the one-inch depth.
Q. What is the best sprinkler system brand?
A. You must definitely check out the sprinklers of the brand Melnor as they manufacture different types of sprinklers for every watering purpose.
Q. How many sprinkler heads can I put on one zone?
A. This depends on the water supply pressure or psi of your house and the gallonage output.
Calculate them before using more sprinkler heads.
- Related post: Rain Bird Sprinkler System Low Pressure
Q. How long should I water each zone?
A. The general answer would be 30 minutes but you must do it according to the weather conditions and the particular zone requirements.
Q. How can I make my grass thicker and greener? (previous post for bermuda grass)
A. This can be done with:
- Proper fertilizing
- Lawn boosting
- Proper mowing
- Weed control
- Soil testing
Q. Is it better to water the lawn every day or every other day?
A. Watering on alternate days is better to promote better moisture retention, no stressing of the plants, and prevention of shallow roots.
So here were the top 15 best sprinkler for small lawn and a buyer’s guide for helping you make the right and best choice among them.
We would recommend the Melnor XT4200M XT Metal Oscillating Lawn Sprinkler for it has got all the amazing features for meeting almost infinite watering purposes.
You will get the best of convenience, adjustability, and durable performance with this sprinkler.